Devon-wide Commitment to Carers
We will consider Carers in everything that we do.
All the health and care organisations under Together for Devon signed up to a Devon-wide Commitment to Carers, based on the seven principles below:
- Identifying Carers and supporting them
- Effective Support for Carers
- Enabling Carers to make informed choices re their caring role
- Staff awareness
- Respecting Carers as expert partners in care
- Carers whose roles are changing or who are more vulnerable
Devon’s health and care organisations have started to publish their individual Commitments to Carers which includes their organisation’s priorities for carers over the coming months and the name of a senior staff member responsible for supporting this.